Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Patriot Inferno…SSD

 

 

Solid-State-Hard-Drive

Patriot memory is updating the Inferno line of SSD memory with capacities of 100GB and 200GB. They will come at a premium price, with starting price of $369 for the 100GB and $679 for the 200GB. They will be using the SandForce SF-1222 controller in order to reach an impressive data transfer speed of 285/275 Mbytes per second at max speeds. Not bad speeds if I say so myself. They will be available in the 2.5” format which will work for most laptops and Netbooks. The drives also use a Multi-level Cell Technology (MLC). SSD has been out for quite some time now but the higher end models still are pretty pricey. Hopefully prices for these high end SSD start to come down in price to what hard drives use to cost. In the meantime I will be using my WD 500GB hard drive in my Macbook and my MSI Wind.

No comments: