Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sony PSP / Phone?

 

engadgetpspphone7-1288145212[1]

I had the chance to try out the Xperia X10 for about 3 weeks and I can say the quality was very good. The only thing holding it back was the lack of Android 1.6 on it. If this new Sony phone / PSP gets released with the specs that we are hearing about. It will be a very nice device for those that want to be able to use as a portable gaming system.This would replace the current PSP go system, as this would be your all in one device. From the website Engadget it shows that it will have 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655, 512MB of RAM for better performance, for any future Android updates that might require more RAM or just to make apps run much better. More is better, and  1GB of ROM. The screen is not really confirmed, but I think if it was no smaller than 4” like the current Xperia X10 it will be perfect size. So hoperfully Sony can pull this one off, since the Xperia X10 is a great phone, but having the older OS is not a good thing, and only has 256 of RAM. This one seem to have multi-touch screen which will again be a good thing. Like I mentioned, I really liked the Xperia X10, but Android 1.6 was just a bit out dated for me. I wasn’t able to run some apps that required 2.1 or above. So lets hope to see this very soon, or at least a more solid release date.

No comments: