Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Dell XPS 13 Plus All Around Great Computer with Video and Photo Editing


I have been using the Dell XPS 13 Plus for my day-to-day computing and also using it to edit videos with Adobe Premiere Pro. I am testing the Dell XPS 13 Plus with 32GB RAM. Though I am not doing a very complicated video timeline when I am editing videos. But for the most part, the Dell XPS 13 Plus works great! Using Lightroom and Photoshop to edit pictures is working great. I only edit simple edits not too many layers but for this, it is working extremely well! The 13.4" OLED display is also another great part of the XPS 13 Plus! All the colors are vibrant, and all the dark colors show very well making editing videos and pictures so much easier! I also noticed that the glare from this display is very good. You really can't see much glare, yet the display looks glossy, but everything looks great indoor or outdoor as well. You can sort of see the display when it is off that it doesn't have much glare at all. Dell did a great job with the display. The trackpad is made of Gorilla glass, which is very smooth to use, and the lighted keyboard also is great when doing any work in low light. The keyboard is also edge to edge which gives you bigger keys and easier for typing. When I am not doing anything that requires much CPU power, I set the performance to quiet, and you don't hear any fan noise at all... at least in my testing I haven't heard any fan noise. Also, I am also able to use Lightroom under the quiet setting and still works great and again, this is doing mostly fixing photos with not too much in depth work. The exterior of the Dell XPS 13 Plus is made very well, and you can see this when using the computer. It's great to see how much Dell was able to pack into such a small device with an Intel i7 1260p processor. Remember if you order a Dell XPS 13 Plus for light video and photo editing, I recommend you get at 32GB RAM and for the SSD at least 1TB. Or if you plan on upgrading the internal storage to a much larger SSD, then I would recommend you purchase the 512GB SSD so you can upgrade the storage. I upgraded this current model from 1TB to 2TB and plan on upgrading it to 4TB SSD for traveling with my iPad Pro M1.

No comments: